On our sixth wedding anniversary, we decided to hire a property manager and go backpacking in Asia for 3+ months. This meant we had 3 months to decide how to fill our vacant apartments, turn apartments over, automate our property management systems, hire snow removal help and choose travel dates.
Does this sound like something you want to do? Listen in:
Here are some property management tips from this episode:
- Give your tenants a google voice number so calls from tenants can easily be forwarded to a property manager
- Use a separate business email address to communicate with tenants and contractors so your property manager can have easy access to relevant contacts and messages while you are gone
- Rent your personal home out on AirBnb or Craigslist while you are away
- Consider using Venmo for online rent payment collection
- Include video tours in apt postings so you spend less time giving tours and rent them out quicker