This apartment has 3 large private rooms each furnished with a full size bed, desk, chair, dresser, mirror, closet and curtains. It will be rented to a group of 3 (not by the room). The biggest bedroom has very large closet as well as built in shelves big enough to hold suit cases, big blankets, etc. The eat-in kitchen includes a couch and dining table and gas stove. The bathroom has a full tub and shower. Monthly utilities (gas and electric) have ranged from $68 ($23/person) in the summer to $150 ($50/person) in the coldest month.
You can use google maps and choose “transit” and put 422 E State St as your starting point and choose your ending point at Cornell. Your closest bus stop for the bus to Cornell is “State@Stewart” just a 3 minute walk away. Multiple TCAT buses to Cornell stop there, the most frequent bus to campus is the Route 10 bus which comes something like every 5 minutes from 9am-5pm on weekdays. Super easy. The Route 15 Southside Shopper goes from “Green@Commons” (just 5 minute walk from the house many buses stop in front of Urban Outfitters) something like once an hour during peak travel times. This bus goes down to the giant Wegmans grocery store, Trader Joe’s, Walmart, etc. Cornell affiliate staff and students find the location of the house super convenient. There are plenty of other buses that stop a quick walk from the house as well.
This 3 Bedroom Apt is just $625/person rented to a group of 3 + $15/month/person for wifi, $30/month/person for water + 10%/person/month for house gas and electric (totaling 30%) + $75/apt annual recycling pick-up fee.
Available August 1, 2023. 12 month lease ends July 26, 2024.
Take a quick video tour of the apt:
- 1 block from the Commons (the pedestrian mall in downtown Ithaca)
- 2 blocks from Collegetown
- Nearby bus stops with service to Cornell, East Hill, grocery stores, and the mall (State @ Stewart, Seneca @ Commons, Green @ Commons)
- Walk to Cornell in 17 minutes
- Owned by innovative professional landlords who care about their tenants
- Many restaurants and coffee shops nearby
- Other apts in house are occupied by quiet, responsible professionals and a graduate student
- Fully Furnished
- Full tub in the bathroom
- Some useful kitchen items come with the kitchen
- Big shared front porch overlooking a garden
- Pet-free house
- Non-smoking house
- Water is $30/person/month
- Shared wifi is available for $15/person/month
- Gas and electric split with the whole house
- Average monthly cost of electric and gas for each renter in apt 3 was $21 in 2020
- Off-street parking available for $30/month (12 month parking agreement)
- Coin-operated laundry machines right in the basement
- Online payments make it easy
- Trash tags ($4.50/full can) used for weekly trash pickup by the city
- Annual recycling pick-up fee is $75/apartment due upon signing the lease
- Security deposit equal to one month’s rent and first month’s rent due upon lease signing
- Be ready to share the contact info for your current and previous landlord
Hall to Bedroom 1 and 2
Our small, efficient and experienced family business True Renew Homes focuses on making Ithaca your home.