Good to Know: Stewart


    • Landlord pays gas
    • Electric is paid by tenants
    • Before your lease begins, you can set up your electric and gas service to start on your lease start date.  Follow the steps on how to set up your electric and gas here.
    • NYSEG Meter Numbers:
      Apt 1N – 300 027 887
      Apt 1S – 300 027 888
      Apt 2N – 300 027 886
      Apt 2S – 300 027 889


If you are facing the front of the house, to the left of front porch there is a little structure that has all the trashcans and recycling bins in it. Each apartment has a numbered trash can with a lid and a recycling bin. Please put all of your trash and recycling in the containers with your apt number on them. One yellow trash tag should be attached to your full trash can when you put it out. You can buy more trashtags at the Cornell Store, Wegmans, The Commons Market on Aurora St, etc. This recycling info video is helpful.

Please put Monday night trash pickup as a recurring event on your calendar and make sure you bring your trash can and lid and recycling container back behind the house on Tuesday mornings. It is dangerous to leave them out past Tuesday because they can roll into the street.

Recycling pickup is every other week. You can always take recycling to the dump for free.


If multiple lights and/or outlets go out in your apt all at once, you probably had too many things using electric at the same time.

  1.  If the outlet involved in the outage is a GFI and the reset button, press the GFI reset button on the outlet.

2. Go to the basement and reset your breaker with an orange band. Just flip that one circuit to one side, and then back to it’s original position. That’s it. Please watch the video and follow the instructions carefully.


How to Increase and Decrease Heat to Radiators? Please watch the video and follow the instructions carefully.


A light bulb is out? Please watch this video and follow the instructions carefully.

Toilet clogged? Please watch this video and follow the instructions carefully. If that doesn’t fix the problem, please submit a repair request.

Visit our Resources for Renters page for more.


Need something fixed in a few days? Please follow the steps on How to make a repair request

Note: Tenants are responsible for putting new batteries in chirping smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors. Tenants are responsible for replacing non-working lightbulbs.

Smoke or Carbon Monoxide Detector Chirping or Beeping? Here’s What to do


For a real emergency: 911

Ithaca Police Dept: (607) 272-9973

If you need something related to the house urgently call this number and include your name, address and apt #, and concern:

  • ‪Carla at 607-261-1949‬