Parking spaces in the lot behind the house and beside the house are all rented, so visitors must park elsewhere.
- Each apartment has a numbered trash can with a lid and a recycling bin. Please put all of your trash and recycling in the containers with your apt number on them. One yellow trash tag should be attached to your full trash can when you put it out. You can buy more trashtags at the Cornell Store, Wegmans, The Commons Market on Aurora St, etc. This recycling info video is helpful.
- Please put Monday night trash pickup as a recurring event on your calendar and make sure you bring your trash can and lid and recycling container back behind the house on Tuesday mornings.
- Please keep the recycling bins and trash cans out of the way of the path to the laundry room and to apt B
- Recycling pickup is every other week. You can always take recycling to the dump for free. https://recycletompkins.
If multiple lights and/or outlets go out in your apt all at once, you probably had too many things using electric at the same time. It could be a toaster, hair dryer, coffee maker, microwave, space heater, or AC are plugged into the same circuit and some were being used and then the fridge motor kicked on. Notice what appliances were being used when the electric went off, and try to avoid having those all of those appliances on at the same time again.
- Look for the GFI (aka GFCI) outlets in your kitchen and bathroom. Press the GFI reset button on the outlets just in case whatever lost power (could be a ceiling light or something plugged into an outlet) is on that circuit and the GFI tripped. GFI outlet reset buttons can be hard to press with just fingers. If the reset button is popped out, try unplugging the item that is plugged into the outlet and use the metal plug to press the reset button in.
- If there is no GFI outlet involved, go to the laundry room, open the fuse box for your apartment, and look for the circuit switch with the bright orange band. This is the circuit that needs to be reset. Flip it once to one side, and then back to it’s original position. Notice what you inconsistent electricity you were using when the circuit tripped and which outlets you were using for that (ex: turning on your toaster and using a hair dryer at the same time). Once you figure that out, avoid doing it again.
Please watch the video and follow the instructions carefully.
PREVENT DAMAGE TO COUNTERTOPS, FLOORS, AND FURNITURE
- Please do not set wet umbrellas, towels, shoes, etc on the wood floor. Put them on a mat or rack instead.
- Use the wooden trivets (small plate) underneath anything hot that you set on the kitchen counter and kitchen table. Hot things will damage the kitchen counter and kitchen table.
- Wet things will damage the wood furniture in the apt. Please use a barrier (coasters, trivets, etc) when setting wet things on the wood furniture.
- The shower curtain goes inside the tub. If the bathroom floor is wet, make sure the shower curtain is not hanging outside of the tub.
- WiFi Network name: 422 ESS
- If shared wifi is not working, reset the router in front hall under mailboxes. Unplug it, wait a minute, and plug it back in. If that does not work, call Spectrum at 855-707-7328, choose internet support, and talk to a representative to troubleshoot the connection. Alicia Freedman is name on account. The service is listed as 424 apt 2 E State St Ithaca NY
A light bulb is out? Please watch this video and follow the instructions carefully.
Toilet clogged? Please watch this video and follow the instructions carefully. If that doesn’t fix the problem, please submit a repair request.
Visit our Resources for Renters page for more.
Need something fixed in a few days? Please follow the steps on How to make a repair request
Note: Tenants are responsible for putting new batteries in chirping smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors. Tenants are responsible for replacing non-working lightbulbs.
For a real emergency: 911
Ithaca Police Dept: (607) 272-9973
If you need something related to the house urgently call this number and include your name, address and apt #, and concern:
- Carla at 607-261-1949